LS/IQ is a unique Saas based technology that allows an organization to assess themselves according to the Lean Security methodology. It articulates the business value of Lean Security to business owners by providing a rating mechanism and clear roadmap to reach strategic business goals.
Users of LS/IQ are working to address business challenges within their enterprise. They are working to solve problems such as poor code quality, a dysfunctional culture, slow time to market, and increased risk or high operating costs.
There are many frameworks and regulations that tell organization’s specific things to do, but they don’t succeed in transforming the business itself because it targets the wrong audience and doesn’t tell the business how to operate better.
Users of LS/IQ value innovation. They value speed to market. They understand that typical buying of shiny objects hasn’t really done much to address security. They want to change the culture of their company.
We understand that security and compliance are now board-level topics. Knowing your organization’s risk level helps to enable the business. LS/IQ along with our Lean Security Assessment methodology begins with understanding the company’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
Many times we find that our customer management is unaware of the organization’s risk posture. At lower levels within your reporting structure, we often discover that teams have misaligned priorities and incentives. The conflicting priorities and lack of company visibility present difficult challenges to a company’s management.
As part of the assessment process and use of our LS/IQ product, your organization’s management will overall scope of time and effort based objectives. LS/IQ clearly indicates your baseline score across numerous metrics and how focusing on specific strategic initiatives will increase your organization’s score.
- The scoring system allows for management to focus on key areas to strengthen that can be measured and affect their KPIs.
- LS/IQ provides clear C level content, allowing management to steer the company in a strategic way.
- New Context provides lasting value within the assessment and beyond that includes professional management consulting and custom security automation development.
Whether you call yourself a DevSecOps, development or compliance manager, New Context understands that steering your ship is a challenge. Often organizations throw money at trying to solve their risk mitigation, security and compliance efforts. This often results in competing solutions adding a greater level of complexity without a cohesive operational plan. The results of your hard work are unmeasurable with no lasting value.
In our 4 to 6 week Lean Security assessment we establish a baseline of where your organization is with regard to the overall vision. We then follow that up with quarterly assessments to help keep your organization efficient along the way to reaching the goals of your original vision.
LS/IQ and our Lean Security assessment puts a focus on your world to provide you with a plan to establish lasting value within your organization. Some areas that are covered within LS/IQ include the following:
- Software development practices that includes test driven development (TDD), code quality, code monitoring, use of feature flags.
- Software development environment and tools. The use of different source code revision systems and development methodology such as trunk-based vs feature based.
- DevSecOps tools, processes and methodologies such as continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD). The use of automation to create more secure, resilient and compliant systems that also have the potential to save your organization money.
- How your organization uses Agile development methodology effectively. Our assessors will join your standups and observe staff. We also look at your metrics, use of feedback loops and how long it takes to move product from idea to customer.
- Are you using Lean concepts to your advantage? We will help you find areas to increase efficiency and reduce waste. Our methodology also reviews your discoverability of information.